Wednesday 30 March 2016

kistan T20 captain Shahid Afridi has begged the nation for forgiveness after his team failed to qualify for the World Twenty20 semifinal and also losing to arch-rival India in a league game.

In a video posted online yesterday, Afridi apologised to the nation for pakistan team's flop show at the mega event. "Today, I would like to apologise to the whole nation for not performing to the standards of what was expected from us," Afridi said.

"I just want to tell you all that I have represented this green colour for 20 years, and whenever I stepped into the field, I carried the emotions of the people of this country with me," he added.

Pakistan team's coach Waqar Younis yesterday slammed the players and held them responsible for their poor. Moreover, in his report submitted to PCB's fact-finding committee, Waqar has held the players' responsible for the sloppy campaign.

According to a report in Pakistan daily, The Express Tribune, Afridi declined to appear before the fact-finding team constituted by PCB to find out the reason behind Pakistan's poor form in recent tournaments.

"What will happen tomorrow or what people are saying, I swear to God, I don't care about it because I'm answerable to you all," Afridi was quoted as saying.

Pakistan registered only one win against Bangladesh and were beaten badly by India, Australia and New Zealand at the World T20. Moreover, the players were jeered on their return to Pakistan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment